Thursday, July 7, 2011

Batman and Son

Batman: Batman and SonBatman: Batman and Son by Grant Morrison

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


In the middle of a story involving man-bat ninjas, among other things, Ra's Al Ghul's daughter dumps a ten year old brat off at the Batcave, saying he's Batman's son. Damian, raised by the League of Assassins, shakes things up immediately and raises the ire of Robin. Who will emerge as Batman's heir?

I swore I reviewed this when I read it but apparently I didn't. Morrison picks up a plot thread left over from the twenty year old Son of the Demon story and runs with it. Damian, Batman's alleged offspring, is a colossal prick and provides a nice contrast to the usual Batman and Robin relationship. Overall, I liked the story but it wasn't a masterpiece. The most memorable part for me was the Man-Bat ninja's and Damian decapitating the main villain. The future story where Damian is Batman was kind of pointless being that it will immediately be invalidated when Morrison stops writing Batman. In all likelihood, so will Damian's place as Batman's son, for that matter.

Not a bad read but pretty pricey in hardcover. It's a must read for people that are fans of Morrison's run with Dick Grayson as Batman and Damian Wayne as Robin.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment