Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Stab in the Dark

A Stab in the Dark (Matthew Scudder, #4)A Stab in the Dark by Lawrence Block
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Nine years ago, eight women were gruesomely slain with an icepick. The killer was finally apprehended and it turns out he was in an asylum at the time of the eighth murder. So who the hell killed Barbara Ettinger? That's what her father, Charles London, is paying Matthew Scudder to find out...

Lawrence Block does it again. In the fourth volume, Matthew Scudder struggles with his alcoholism and follows a trail nine years cold. Once again, Block did a good job tricking me into thinking I knew who the killer was. Scudder continues to struggle with his alcoholism. The supporting cast is well done, especially Jan.

The Matthew Scudder series continues to be one of my favorites. Lawrence Block continues to wow me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment