Thursday, August 30, 2012

Fake ID

Fake I.D. (Hard Case Crime #56)Fake I.D. by Jason Starr
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Tommy Russo, an out of work actor with a gambling problem working as a bouncer in a bar, gets a chance to be part owner of a race horse. Only, he doesn't have the ten thousand dollars he needs to buy in. What depths will he sink to to get it?

While the story entertained me, I hated Tommy and couldn't wait for him to get what was coming to. He's a slimeball. Lying, stealing, lying, etc. I actually felt dirty reading the story. Finding a protagonist that you actually like in a Jason Starr book is like trying to decide which shit sandwich you want to eat from a buffet of shit sandwiches. "Well, that one hasn't got so much shit on it..."

I guess to sum it up would be to say that while the story is full of twists and turns and well written, don't expect to get attached to the protagonist. I think I'm done with Starr's asshole slimeball characters for a while.

Later:
It's been about a year and a half since I read this and I've decided to give Starr another chance IF I win the Firstreads giveaway for his new one.

View all my reviews

12 comments:

  1. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks scannable fake id

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... fake id usa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever buy Chinese silver pandas on eBay? I like the Chinese silver Panda series of coins. What distresses me is how many panda coins listed on eBay are fake. Probably close to half the Chinese pandas listed on eBay are very suspicious looking. 2021 fake id

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed. Please, don’t ever stop writing.
    best fake id

    ReplyDelete
  5. Advancement in technology has made the world go "gaga". As far as technology is concerned, you can expect the unexpected or imagine the unimaginable. The world has left the stage of crude implementation. Every facet of life has been touched and affected by technology. The bewilderment of everyone is that existing technologies are fast becoming obsolete by the day; courtesy of advancement in technology... fake ids

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is highly informatics, crisp and clear. I think that everything has been described in systematic manner so that reader could get maximum information and learn many things.
    fake id

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are so many fake antivirus applications today. These viruses are extremely dangerous. You have to delete fake antivirus immediately to protect your self from cyber criminals. fake ids

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our. fake id websites 2021

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! best fake id

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have express a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my 바카라사이트
    favorite’s blog site list and will be checking back soon…

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete