Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: Weird Shit: True Stories to Shock, Stun, Astound and Amaze

Weird Shit: True Stories to Shock, Stun, Astound and Amaze Weird Shit: True Stories to Shock, Stun, Astound and Amaze by Mark Leigh
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Weird Shit is a book of interesting facts.

I got this from Netgalley.

Weird Shit is a short book of weird facts, organized into sections like Animales, Religion, Sex, Celebrities and Art. If you're into that sort of thing, it's pretty entertaining.

Did you know the barnacle has the largest penis to body ratio? Or that Winston Churchill started smoking cigars at 15? Or the average person poops 350 pounds worth over the course of his or her lifetime? Those are just a sampling of the facts within.

It isn't all poop and penises, though. I tipped to a bogus fact early on. Charles Manson didn't audition for the Monkees. He was too busy being a prison inmate at the time. That soured me on the collection a bit but not enough that I couldn't enjoy the rest of the book.

As someone who regularly seeks out interesting facts, I found this book to be average. For someone who isn't such a nerd, it would probably rate higher.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment